Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art

Since I neglected to include many things since last spring(2012) I'm going to add a few posts to try to review the year. One of the great things I saw last year was the Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art in Salisbury, Maryland. Here are some of my favorite bird carvings from my visit last April.
                                                                         Anhinga
                                          A modernist antique scoter
                                           Another unique scoter
Its hard to believe these are carved from wood
A Gyrfalcon chasing 2 terns, all one piece.

This woodcock in flight is truly amazing

                                                Carvings in progress
                                          Ward brothers patterns
                                          A classic Ward brothers Pintail

No comments:

Post a Comment